Title: Hardware Editor
IGN is looking for a new hardware editor! This person would work directly with our games and entertainment teams to shape and create our hardware coverage for a wide range of geek-friendly topics.
What does that mean exactly?
- You'll produce hardware reviews and features for tech that's relevant to our audience.
- You'll commission and edit hardware features from the rest of the editorial team and freelancers.
- You'll manage IGN's relationship with hardware manufacturers.
- You'll work with senior editorial managers to refine and evolve IGN's hardware coverage.
- You'll engage with IGN fans on the site and at public events.
What will get you in the door?
- You have covered video game hardware (controllers, peripherals, consoles, etc.) and geek-friendly lifestyle tech (home theater, smart phones, electronic toys, etc.).
- You can develop buying and setup guides for a variety of topics and budgets.
- You understand how to write for IGN's audience and can optimize your pieces for SEO.
- You have strong editorial opinions, excellent writing skills, and are already writing about tech for an existing outlet or your own blog.
- You have good camera presence and can speak extemporaneously on hardware related subjects.
- You have established contacts in the hardware industry.
It would be extra awesome if...
- You have experience in the games industry and are a gamer.
- You have relevant ecommerce experience and can work with our ecommerce team.
- You understand the role of wiki and social platforms for hardware coverage.
- You have regularly covered trade shows and conventions.
Want a sneak peek of our headquarters? Check out the TechCrunch Cribs feature at http://go.ign.com/gHjKlm.
Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.