Associate Web Producer
We’re looking for someone to help us get all the awesome things we create and produce at IGN out to the masses. We’re looking for a smart, personable, organized person to help promote IGN’s content on all areas where IGN can be seen, including our website, our mobile app, on social channels and directly on various gaming consoles.
What does that mean exactly?
- Responsible for daily slotting and promotion of IGN.com content on various screens including IGN.com, various channel pages and social channels
- Track and analyze data to determine what is popular with the IGN audience and develop a promotional plan around the data
- Ability to write compelling, interesting headlines and subheads
- Create and resize promotional imagery and perform simple image edits and conversions
- Work closely with the content team on what content is incoming and needs to be promoted; work with both the US and international content teams on promotional opportunities
- Maintain a daily promotional calendar of relevant content and track incoming promotional requests
- Monitor IGN’s various sites to ensure public-facing information is accurate, current and free of errors
- Interact with the IGN community in comments, on social networks and anywhere else IGN is represented
What will get you in the door?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing, grammar and proof reading skills
- The ability to work with different departments and see projects from a variety of angles
- Great organizational skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team to complete well-defined goals
- Existing knowledge of IGN.com
- You’re not afraid to speak up and be part of the conversation; you have questions for everyone from the newest intern to the CEO
- No jerks allowed
It would be extra awesome if…
- You had existing knowledge of Photoshop, Wordpress and basic HTML
- You traveled through time with an automaton sidekick tracking down intergalactic space criminals. It might not help you get the job, but that would be extra awesome, wouldn’t it?
What we need from you…
- Cover letter that includes a summary of your vision for the role and why you’re the right candidate
- Headline samples
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- You’ll make an impact. We reach 70MM unique users. We’re big time, but we’re not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately. Learn about us at http://go.ign.com/jKOmeS.
- We’ve got a big presence, but a small team. Making your way in the world today takes everything you got. You want to be where everyone knows your name. At IGN you’re not going to get lost among countless aisles of drones.
- We have fun. It’s all about games and games are fun. Anyone can offer casual work environment, flexible hours, and benefits. We can offer that and a place where gamers as passionate as you want to share some beers (if you’re of age, of course) and plot your demise in the arcade/game room.
- We’re passionate about what we do. IGN employees understand our users, because they are our users. We have a personal interest in providing the best possible product.
- We get that there is no spoon. We encourage and support each other in creating new ideas by paying attention to the world out there, using our imagination, experimenting, and learning from success and failure.
- We value irreverence. We want you to be yourself, speak your mind, lead shenanigans, and know that nothing here is above question.
- There is value in games. We’re the experts and we’re preparing for a future where gaming is everywhere. Check out http://go.ign.com/mlHa0t.